Changes....

Ok, so before you say it, yes I have somewhat lost my mind......

I have been cleaning out the house for weeks. Going through things that have been packed away or just laying around for more years than I'm willing to admit to. Let just say some of this stuff has seen several presidents (hahaha).

Why you ask? Good question, but then I always knew you all were smart cookies!

Answer....because it's time.

What kind of meaningless answer is that? Maybe not as meaningless as you think. Let me explain.

Here is a list of scenarios (not an easy word to spell) that often (but not always) fit the answer, it's time:

Why did you decide to go back to school?
Why are you thinking about settling down?
Why did you finally decide to forgive him/her?
Why are you looking at a new car?
Why did you decide to go on a diet?

Need I go on....

Often there are things in life we don't do until it's time.

I can't help but think about grief; especially in the wake of the Las Vegas shooting that has taken 50+ lives. One person's grief cannot be compared to another person's. The first may clean out the loved ones closet or room in a month, the other in a few years. Ask either why they decided to do it, each may respond "it's time".

My reason for the changes that prompted this post; because it's time. Time to make some changes. Not because things are bad but because it's time for things to be different.

I suspect for many of you it's time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Marches On!

 So first it has to be said....  19 DAYS TIL SPRING! Ok, now that I've got that outta the way I'll move on.  I'd like to say eve...