Time Marches On!

 So first it has to be said.... 

19 DAYS TIL SPRING!

Ok, now that I've got that outta the way I'll move on. 

I'd like to say every day is sunshine and roses, but I've had a lot of ups and downs lately. I think a more accurate description of life might be some days are there are cookies and others a punch to the gut. Now I won't get into what all these cookies do to the size of the gut, that's not the point. The point is whatever's happening time marches on. March 1st seemed to be a good day to make this point.

My favorite scripture says that in this world you will have trouble, BUT take heart, I (Jesus) have overcome the world. What an honest portrayal that things aren't always easy but we need to focus on overcoming not trouble. There are so many incredible and inspirational stories from all over the world of people who have defied odds, accomplished impossible tasks, came through a situation better for it. 

Time is not going to stand still until the trouble passes. Time will be wasted if you spend that time focused on the trouble and nothing else. Now you may be saying, "but you don't understand what I'm going through" or "I'm in so much pain." I don't know what you're going through. I don't think anyone can completely understand another's situation because even if two people are in the same trouble, the two people are not the same. 

It's OK to stop and have a good cry. Maybe go to bed and get the rest you need. Talk to a friend or counselor. The thing you can't do is stop there. Now it's time to do something about the trouble. Remember, you are not alone. Other's have gone through situations that you can learn from. There are people you can reach out to if it's more than you can handle alone. God hears and answers prayer.

You can handle more than you know.

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Marches On!

 So first it has to be said....  19 DAYS TIL SPRING! Ok, now that I've got that outta the way I'll move on.  I'd like to say eve...