Cinnamon & Sugar on Toast

I'm laying here in the middle of the night when I suddenly remembered cinnamon and sugar on toast from my childhood.

I have no idea what made me think of it but it certainly is a fond memory.

My mom taught my brother and I the fine art of cinnamon and sugar on toast. For those of you who don't know what it is, you have to try it!

Mom taught us the skill was in not shaking the cinnamon can but tapping it with your finger. Then you had to get the perfect amount of sugar to taste equally with the cinnamon not to drowned out the cinnamon. I liked to shake my toast after I put the cinnamon on to even it out on the butter before I put the sugar on. It's delicious!

My entire life I'll think of mom when I have cinnamon and sugar on toast.

You know it's always nice when you can do things for your children but it's always better when you can do things WITH your children. A few moments can build a memory to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Marches On!

 So first it has to be said....  19 DAYS TIL SPRING! Ok, now that I've got that outta the way I'll move on.  I'd like to say eve...