Sometimes it's the little things

I've sometimes wondered where the phrase "the bigger the better" came from. It's sounds like it should be universally true, but it simply isn't. 

Now before you roll your eyes (too late), hear me out. Bigger bills - not better. Bigger fear - not better. Bigger doubt - not better. Bigger work load - not always better. Bigger cancer - definitely not better. See what I mean?

My blog today may surprise you when I say bigger dreams might not be better. (OK! Enough with the eyerolls!) If you dream SO big that it's unattainable or unreasonable, you destroyed your chance for achieving it before you even start. 

Here's my advice...

Be realistic...we can't all win the lottery.

Be honest...is this what you want or what someone else has told you to do.

Be serious...if you can't put the effort in to really decide what you want and how to get there, your not going to put the effort in to achieve it.

Be inspired...you don't have to be like everyone else or achieve your dream the way they did theirs. 

Be courageous...when you stumble along the way, it's not failure, it's a lesson in what not to do.

Be careful...don't share your dream with everyone, just with that one or two that will listen and encourage. Too many will pressure you with "how you doing on it", bad advise or "constructive criticism".

Be adaptive...your dream may be too big to accomplish as one task, so break it down into smaller dreams and work one or two at a time until the add up to the big dream.

Be happy...enjoy the journey. No matter what you think when you start, when you look back from the finished product you'll see that so much doesn't go as planned so don't sweat it. You can't get the time back so there is no use in being miserable along the way.

I hope this helps you in some way and I hope you never stop dreaming. Live the life you've been given. Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Marches On!

 So first it has to be said....  19 DAYS TIL SPRING! Ok, now that I've got that outta the way I'll move on.  I'd like to say eve...